GeoMapFish is composed of a desktop WebGIS interface, an administration interface, an API for map integration in thirdparty websites and a mobile version.
Besides the OGC-Standard web services, a MapFish protocol adapted to the efficient communication between Client and Server is available. On this basis, complex and high performance web mapping applications can be built.
GeoMapFish combines some of the best Open Source tools in one application:
- Version 1: OpenLayers 2, ExtJS and GeoExt on the client side
- Version 2: OpenLayers, AngularJS and ngeo on the client side
- Python modules (especially Papyrus based on Pyramid) on the server side
- MapFish Print, a Java servlet dedicated to print geographic documents
Documentation and support
Read the documentation:
- The server part of GeoMapFish is c2cgeoportal.
- The client part of GeoMapFish 2.x is an Angular library called ngeo.
- The client part of GeoMapFish 1.x is an ExtJS library called CGXP.
- Desktop & mobile responsive templates
Full text search
- Zoom & pan
- Navigation bar
- Point & rectangular interrogation
- Table and/or popup results
- Live raster & coordinate interrogation
- Internal WMS & WMTS
- External data (WMS, KML)
- Organisation into themes
- Layer adding in themes
- Transparency & metadata
- Dynamic legend
- PDF & PNG print
Drawing & measure
- Circles (azimuth)
- Simple DB editing
- Simple configuration
- Complex editing (snapping, copying, cutting, donut extractor)
- SQL queries & filters
- Time sliders
- Google StreetView integration
- Permalink shortener
- Layer configuration
- Group configuration
- Theme configuration
- Data source configuration
- LDAP, NTLM & other interactions
- Roles configuration
- User configuration
- User restriction areas
- User functionalites
- QGIS Server
- ArcGIS for Server
For a better overview between features and versions, please refer to the feature page.